Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yard Work

One of the very few down sides of living on 2 1/2 acres of land is maintaining it. Though we have a very short spring here, with all this rain we have had, weeds are grow all over the place. By law (Fire code) we have to keep weeds 200 feet from any structure or face some hefty fines.

Harry and I have been battling this losing cause for the past few months. Yesterday one of our neighbors came to our rescue and brought over their heavy duty weed whacker. So today I started up on our hill and kill some weeds. Before this heavy duty weed whacker I was using a very tiny weed whacker that would lose it's power in about 10 minutes of cutting, because the weeds were so thick it drained it's juice cutting them down. Mind you it's in the low 90's and I'm sweating like a pig but I did manage to get the entire hillside cut. Now the fun part will be raking up the cut down weeds so we can dispose of them.. think I'll wait till tomorrow to do that. Also still have another even hillier side to cut down tomorrow. Oh the joys of home ownership...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. i did not know you guys lived on 2 acres. I hate mowing our lawn down here esp in this Texas heat, but i don't think i could do 2 acres.

    ReplyDelete