Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting Healthy

As I get closer to the Big 4-0 (Sept. 23rd) I've been more and more concerned with my health. I've gained an large amount of extra weight the past few years and it's had it's effects on my overall health. I use to work out and eat horribly so it would maintain my weight but I stopped working out (I have lots of excuses, work, buying a house, vacation) and still continue to eat horrible and the weight keeps adding up.

So now that I'm about to turn 40 I have decided to really dedicate myself in losing the weight and getting back into shape. I know this won't happen over night but I'm in it for the long haul. To start off with I'm going to do my best at eating less crap food, this will be the biggest struggle for me but I'm going to try my best. Second I'm buying a home gym so I can work out everyday. I use to love to work out (loved how it made me feel) and I'm sure I can get back into that routine.

Today I cleaned out our small garage ( we have a 3 car garage, 1 car and a 2 car section) It's now ready for my home gym which I'll be buying in the next few days. We already have an elliptical machine so my cardio is set. Gotta hook up some music or TV so keep my company.

When I start I'm going to keep a daily workout blog and keep everyone updated on my progress. I'm doing this for several reason.. 1 to keep my friends and family up to date and 2 the more important part, to use it as a motivator. Knowing that folks are watching my progress I hope it encourages me when I'm feeling a bit off or not up to working out... I need you guys to help support me during this tough process. Going to be staring on Monday.. stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Kenny, more power to you, I've been dealing with this exact thing and I too have come to the point where I HAVE to do this as well.

    I pledge to genuinely exercise and eat healthier and finally actually shed a whole fat guy along with you, my friend. I hit 30 this April and I need to work on this health thing.

    I will do my best to encourage and support you, hopefully I'll get some of that returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the results!! You can do it! Start today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with you Kenny. I have a lot of health issues and its time to sort them. I've started to see a great nutritionist here in NYC. She's really amazing. I know she does phone meetings if you want me to give you her info. She's CHANGING MY LIFE. But! Even if you don't want to get in touch with her, I'll share some really awesome recipes she's teaching me. The biggest thing I've learned so far is to make small changes gradually and not all at once. Take control and make new habbits :) I'll be with ya every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete