Friday, June 17, 2016

Getting Drunk

After the horrible week I had (Orlando tragedy and Work woes) I put out there on Facebook that I was going to go to Idle Hour (a local bar in NoHo) to get drunk. I figured I'd get a few friends to join me but I never expected to get about 20 people to join me. It was pretty fantastic. I felt extremely loved and cared for. Everyone who came knew that I just needed to unwind and have a good time and they helped with that.

Got home from work and grabbed a quick shot of Fireball before walking over to the bar. The night started off a bit rocky as the plan was to sit in back and kind of eat, drink and hang out but I didn't realize that the place is like a restaurant Friday night and you have to be seated and can't just go where ever there is open seating. At first I put my name down for 12 people and as the party continued to grow it became more and more evident that we were not going to be seated so we actually hung out front in their little porch area. There was no seating but we did have high tables to set our drinks on. Everyone seems to be having a great time. I didn't buy a single drink as people kept putting drinks in my hand. About an hour in and I had already had that shot from earlier and three more drinks and I was feeling pretty good.

I like to think that I'm a fun drunk, I can get a bit loud but that's usually from the constant giggling. I had my friends Shannon and Jes look after me to make sure I didn't do anything stupid (well other then drunk tweet) which everyone seemed to love. They also made sure I ate something and drank plenty of water and at the end of the night Shannon and Brett walked me home and made sure I arrived safe. Gotta love my friends!!

In the end I accomplished exactly what I set out to do. Have an amazing time with my friends, lift my spirits and live life to the fullest because you never know when it might end.

1 comment: