Monday, June 13, 2016

Orlando Tragedy

I woke up this morning to horrific news.. there was a mass shooting in Orlando Florida at a gay nightclub last night. Like with most news you get bits and pieces of news as the day progresses, first it was a few shot and killed then that number went up and kept going up. 49 people were killed, (50 if you include the gunman). When I heard the news my heart dropped and I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't know any of the victims but the fact that 49 people were killed at a place where you go for sanctuary, where you can be yourself and not worry about being made fun of or harassed. Such senseless deaths to such beautiful people. I was pretty numb all day at work as more and more info came out about the victims and the pain deepened.

So L.A. Pride was this past weekend and I planned on going as I haven't gone in over 10 years but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it and I decided to just stay in and chill this weekend. Well come to find out today that Santa Monica police detained a man who had explosives and other weapons in his car. When they stopped and questioned him he said he wanted to "harm L.A. Pride". Thankfully a concerned citizen noticed this guy being weird and called the police. She potentially saved a lot of lives.

Things like this really make you think about life, you really don't know what will happen from minute to minute. Places that you think you are safe and secure can become your tomb in a heartbeat. Life is short and you need to constantly remind yourself of this. Don't put off anything that you really want to do as you don't know if you have a tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment