Sunday, January 12, 2020

SpaceCamp Reboot

Today Disney + announced that they will be rebooting the movie SpaceCamp. Released in June of 1986, SpaceCamp, focused on a group of kids attending the NASA-themed summer learning experience. While sitting on board a ship undergoing an engine check, they're unwittingly launched into space and must navigate their way home using what they've learned.

I was a huge fan of SpaceCamp back in 86, I saw a double feather of SpaceCamp and Howard the Duck. Unfortunately the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded months before the release of this movie which caused it to do poorly at the box office but since then it's garnered a cult following.

I'm not sure how I feel about this reboot, I mean I don't mind them doing reboots because we will always have the original to love but how are they going to do a movie about the Space Shuttles when they are no longer in commission. Are they going to use another type of space vehicle or will this be set in the 80's/90's when we had space shuttles. I guess will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment