Thursday, January 16, 2020

Star Trek Voyager Turns 25

Today marks the 25th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek Voyager. It was the flag ship show that launched the new network UPN. I was already a HUGE Star Trek having watched the original series here and there but fell in love with Trek when I watched Star Trek The Next Generation. My love continued with Star Trek Deep Space Nine, which at the time was four years into it's run when Star Trek Voyager premiered. I was ready for another Starship based series, I really enjoyed DS9 but missed TNG so I was excited when Voyager started. First episode premiered and I was hooked, more so then when I watched the first episode of Deep Space Nine. I loved Captain Janeway, I'm a sucker for strong women and Janeway was one of the strongest. Over the years we got some amazing stories and adventures from the crew of Voyager and then at the end of season three we got a character who would go down in Star Trek history as one of the best, Seven of Nine played be the amazing Jeri Ryan. Thought TNG is probably my favorite Trek series Voyager comes in at a very close second. I can't believe it's been 25 years since it premiered. Happy 25th Anniversary Star Trek Voyager.

No comments:

Post a Comment