Friday, January 17, 2020

A Walk Down Memory Lane

I came across this video on You Tube and it brought back so many amazing and happy memories for me that I had to share it. I've blogged about this place many many times but seeing the video really brought back so many feels.

This is Star Trek The Experience, it resided in the Las Vegas Hilton from 1998 to 2008. If you don't know what it is here's a quick description. You started by walking through a museum that included numerous items from Star Trek history. It also featured several video display devices and a timeline of Star Trek events. Later, there were displays for each of the major alien races, which included the Borg, Klingons, and Ferengi.

The last section of the museum was a hallway that served as the attraction queues. The left side was for the Borg Invasion 4-D, and the right side was for the Klingon Encounter. The Klingon Encounter held 27 people while the Borg Invasion 4-D held 48 people. And the ride would exit with the Gift shop on the right and Quarks Bar and Restaurant on the left.

For ten amazing years this was my only reason for going to Las Vegas, I attended Star Trek The Experience roughly once or twice a year for those ten years. I have some great memories with my Dad when we went for the very first time and he and I running down the hallway of The Enterprise. It's a memory I will cherish forever.

I would do an extended weekend and stay at the Hilton and would never leave the Experience area. I"d go on the ride many times (so happy when they went from buying one ticket to buying unlimited). I'd eat all my meals at Quarks Bar and gamble in the Space Casio.

I have hours and hours of footage that I shot for the museum and surrounding areas, but what makes this You Tube video extra special is that they were able to take video of the actual rides which was prohibited, I'm assuming this person worked for the ride and took video of the entirety of both rides. The only parts missing are the video that you watch on screen and the simulator ride video.

No comments:

Post a Comment