Monday, June 25, 2007

Just When You Think It Can't Get Any Worse

Well today while I was at work Harry worked his magic and after hours and hours of trying figure out what was missing from my computer and got the internet to work. Of course when I got home one of the patches that he downloaded kept causing the computer to crash but he quickly resolved that issue.

So as you know I have been trying to transfer media from my old bad drive to the new one via a really old and slow Mac G3. I am almost done. I have one huge music file and all of our home video that we have digitized from tape to MPG for editing left to transfer. I figure tomorrow I would all be done and ready to re-organize and put back on my computer. Well I was getting out of my jeep and sure enough my computer bad split open and both old and new drives fell about a foot to the hard concrete ground. I quickly went inside the apartment and plugged in both drives and guess what.. the new drive seemed fine but the old one was making a weird kind of clicking inside the actually hard drive area and wouldn't mount to the desktop, just my luck.. being so close to finishing up the transfer and permanently destroying the drive. I swear the hard drives just don't like me. So I'm done with the transfer and I managed to save about 80% of my media. Computers are great when the work but man they are a pain in the ass when they don't. Let's hope this is the end of my computer woes for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment