Sunday, March 22, 2009

Battlestar Galactica Finale

Well before I started editing my Guild BTS I wanted to take two hours and watch the final episode of Battlestar Galactica. It aired on Friday night and was dying all weekend to see it.

It was a two hour and 11 minute roller coaster ride. Just when you thought it was over, it sped up and twisted. I enjoyed the ending. It was kind of like LOTR ending. There were many endings. they had a lot of story lines to wrap up

Some of the highlights:

Roslyn saying thank you to the Dr... this is when I started to cry. The fact that he was about to break down did it for me.

Loved seeing the old and new Cylons battling together.

The Galacitca crashing into the Cylon ship was beautiful. Then when it did it's final jump and looked as though it was going to break apart.. so good.

Adama saying goodbye to the Galactica.. very moving and a fitting end to that awesome ship.

When they did the montage of the ships flying into the sun and you hear the original BSG music.. gave me chills.

When Adama and Roslyn say goodbye to Lee and Starbuck.. that's when the water works began and they continued with the Adama and Rosyln scene in the shuttle, then she dies, then Adama puts his wedding ring her.. just thinking about scene brings tears to my eyes.

So many good things. They still left a few unanswered questions that fans could interpret different ways.

I was so happy to see that they showed up a few days after they reached "Earth". And the idea of present humans on Earth are decedents of Hera the Cylon/Human hybrid.. which means we all have a little Cylon in us.

All in all it was a fantastic ending to one of the most dramatic and woderful series I have ever watched. I'm very sad to see it go, but enjoyed the wild ride it took me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment