Saturday, March 28, 2009

Steamy Awards

Tonight was the first annual Streamy Awards (Oscars for Webseries) and The Guild and Legend of Neil are both up for awards. I had worked on the second season of both webseries. Felicia Day was kind enough to get me a ticket for the show tonight but with Harry's BBQ which we planned a month prior and my deadline for The Guild BTS DVD stuff I opted out and instead watched it live online.

As I watched and read reports of folks who were there I kind of was bummed. If I wasn't so crazed I could have planned things out better and might have actually been able to attend.. but oh well I'm sure The Guild will be up for more awards next year and I'll be able to go. So instead I enjoyed watching it live and reporting on tweeter what was happening.

The Guild came away with three wins. The first one and I think one of the better ones as it's encompasses the entire cast "Best Ensemble Cast" of a webseries. Next Felicia Day won for "Best Actress" in a Comedy webseries and finally the big upset, The Guild was "Best Comedy" webseries beating out the favorite and many many award winner Doctor Horribles Sing Along Blog. I was hooting and hollering at my computer screen I was so happy. The Guild may have lost out on some of the technical award to Dr. Horrible but it won some of the biggest and top awards. I'm very proud to call the cast and crew of The Guild, friends and know all their hard work paid off.

PS... Felicia Day was up for Best Writer of a Comedy Webseries and the clip they used was the one where I am a Bum on the streets from Episode 3. I almost fell out of my chair to see me on the huge screen. How cool is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment