Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vehicle Maintenance, Lunch and a Movie

Today we got up early because Harry had to take his truck into the Dodge dealer for it's 12,000 mile check up. He likes to take it to the dealer he bought it from which is in Canoga Park. We left the house around 9:45am as we both had to get gas before heading down. Harry drove his truck and I drove my jeep. We dropped off his truck at 11am and they said it would be a few hours before it was ready.

I needed to get one of my tires fixed as I had a flat tire last week and was using my spare which didn't look so hot either. I went to Just Tires in Reseda as I have used them in the past. I was told that my flat tire was not repairable as the puncture was on the side. So in the end I bought two new tires. They replaced my front two with the new tires. Took my front tires and put them on the back and took the one good back tire and I'm not using it as my spare... all in all what I thought would be a $30 fix turned into a $250 fix. Things never go as planned.

After that we decided to go to lunch. We headed toward Wienersnitizal but I then suggested Wood Ranch at the Northridge Mall as it's a place that we both love and have only been to a few times. We got there, parked and went in and noticed that the entire waiting staff were in the lobby area. We were informed that the resturant was closed due to something. They gave us some coupons and said they didn't know when they would be open again. We then decided to go to Claim Jumpers as it was near by and again it's a place that we both like but very rarely go to. I got a chicken lunch when Harry got a steak lunch. Harry really loved his lunch and my was very good but you know how it is when you're in the mood for something but don't get it. Well I was really in the mood for Wood Ranch chicken, baked beans and their incredible rolls so lunch was a big disappointing to me.

After the lunch we headed over the Lens crafters as I have been wanting to get new eye glasses as I get occasional headaches and I think it's because my prescription has changed. Anyways we get in there and find out that the next appointment is 2 1/2 hours away, so instead we head to the movie theater in the mall area. There wasn't really anything that both Harry and I wanted to see playing at the time. We headed to a larger movie theater in Winnetka and found a showing of Ironman II playing in less then 20 minutes of us arriving. So we saw Ironman II (which I'll review in my next blog). After the movie we headed back to the Dodge dealer and picked up Harry's truck, which we found out there are several recall issues he will need to deal with so we have to take it back in a few weeks.

All in all thought we spent a few hundred dollars today it was nice to just hang out and have lunch and a movie with the Hubby.. we both agreed that we are going to try and do this at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment