Monday, August 9, 2010

Doctors Visit

This morning I got up at 6:30am for an 9:30am appointment with my doctor. You might ask why I got up so early, well my doctor, who I have gone to for years is in West Hollywood/Hollywood area. And it takes at least 2 hours to get there in the AM traffic. You might ask why appointment was so early and the answer was I was doing some blood tests that needed me to fast and I'm always hungry so I like to get it done sooner then later.

Anyways got there in time and actually was seen first by a PA, someone in training. He did the usual physical exam and took down some of my history. Found out that my blood pressure is a bit high 144 / 88, and my triglycerides are higher then they should be.. but my cholesterol is 177 now, it use to be 217 so that's good and all my other numbers were right at the limits. Of course I gained 3 more pounds since my last visit in December... currently at 207 (heaviest I have ever been).

My actual doctor came in the last ten minutes and we chatted about the numbers. Told him that I was going to start working out again, and I'm trying to cut down on my fast food intake and when I see him again in six months I will have lost some weight and better those "right at the limit" numbers.

He also told me to contact him in a month and let him know how it's going (with the weight lose). He said he can prescribe me some medicine that would help with my appetite (suppressing it) or reduce the amount of fat my body would take in from food.. but he wants to see what I can do on my own first.

So over all it was a good visit, nothing was unexpected and now if I wasn't challenged enough I now have to prove to my doctor that I can lose the weight on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Kenny. Except my levels are much higher, so now I have some work cut out for me. GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete