Monday, February 24, 2014

Clone Wars, Jogging, Romantic Comedy & My Gimpy Life

First up Netflix release an extended trailer for Season Six of Star Wars The Clone Wars which they are titling as The Lost Missions. I've been looking forward to these episodes ever since they cancelled the show and rumor had it that they were still completely a handful of episodes that they had already started for season six. Come to find out that it's 13 episodes and that they will be released exclusively by Netflix on March 7th. The trailer is amazing but then again the Clone Wars trailers are always amazing. Take a look.


In the afternoon I started working on my MASH 4077 Podcast but realized I had to upload the actually tv episode. I expected it to take about an hour and a half so I decided to go for a run at the park while this was happening. I didn't intend it to be as intense as it was yesterday but it actually was.

I actually jogged around the entire park (just under a mile) without stopping. This is the first time I have done this since I started jogging here. After the one lap I walked about a third of the path to the workout area. I spent the next 30 minutes working out my arms, legs, waist and chest.

After working out I went back to jogging and actually jogged the entire park as well as another 2/3 of the park.. so in the end I did a great 30 minute workout and jogged 2 2/3's of my 3 laps around the park... and in the end I felt great. I probably could have jogged one more lap but I didn't want to push it. 

When I got back from working out the upload was still happening and when I checked the estimated time I still have four more hours. It is going to take 6 hours to upload this episode.. that's crazy. And while it's uploading I can't do anything with the AVID.

So I decided to eat lunch and watch another "gay themed" movie on Netflix. This time I went with a comedy called "eCupid" Here's a synopsis: Marshall is a cocky young ad man working at a dead-end job for a boss who overlooks his talents. After seven years with his boyfriend, Gabe, Marshall's love life has become too comfortable. On top of that, he's turning 30! He is desperate for a new life. He goes looking for it online, where he comes upon a mysterious app called "eCupid" that guarantees to find true love. From the moment he downloads it, "eCupid" scans every inch of Marshall's online world and instantly turns his life upside down. Marshall suddenly gets everything he thinks he wanted. Marshall soon finds that all the attention is more than he bargained for. With the help of a wise and mysterious waitress (Morgan Fairchild), Marshall is given one last chance to listen to his heart and figure out what (and who) is really important. 

This was a cute movie, not the best romantic comedy I've seen but enjoyable. Lots of eye candy and the story was somewhat fantastical. There is not much more to say. It won't be going into my top 10 all time favorite "gay themed" movies but I still give eCupid a C+

Read on twitter that actor/writer/director Harold Ramis has passed away. He's worked so many great movies from the 70's and 80's but I will already remember him as Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters 1 & 2. He will be missed.

The MASH episode finally finished  uploading and I was able to work on the next episode for a few hours. Should get that done tomorrow morning and then work on the next My Gimpy Life CompanionCast 

And speaking of My Gimpy Life the second episode of season two was released today. I'm actually a background extra on this one.. see if you can spot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment