Sunday, February 23, 2014

Queer As Folk, Epic Workout & About a Boy

So I was being lazy today.. had planned to do some more podcast editing or blogging but spent the morning watch some Queer as Folk (US version).  I've seen the UK version and LOVED IT... and I've seen about a season and a half of the US version but lost interested or life to to busy.. I don't know the reason why I stopped but I did. Now that I have Netflix I have started watching the series again... But about two episodes in my bud Erik texted me a picture of himself with the text "Evidently cardio was good today" and his shirt was covered in sweat. That was enough motivation to get my butt off the couch and out the door across the street to the park to jog.

What I thought was going to be a solo adventure turned into an EPIC 2 hour workout. As I mentioned it started as a solo jog when I got a text from my buddy Dallas asking if I wanted to go for a walk around the park today. I told him I was already here jogging and would met up with him when he got here. About ten minutes later he showed up and we managed to find each other and I started walking with him when suddenly from behind my friend Jen came jogging up and joined the group.

So now it was the three of us walking around the park and talking. Occasionally Jen and I would run and met back up with Dallas who continued to walk. We did this for about an hour and then Dallas as to leave so Jen and I continued jogging around the park.

One cool thing about this park is that they have this "workout" area, so Jen and I decided to check it out and we did each machine to see what kind of resistance you could get with no actual weights. We were surprised with some of them as you really felt the resistance from how the machine was constructed... others weren't so great but the fact that it's here at the park and free is a win win situation.

So for future runs I'll do a lap and then come and work out my arms or chest and then do another lap and do a second round of workout and so on.

After two hours Jen and I called it quits, we had both gotten not only an amazing cardio workout but got to workout our arms, waist, abs, chest and back. It was a pretty great workout.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching movies (which I'll review in my next blog post) and I also watched the new TV series About A Boy, which there is a movie with Hugh Grant titled the same both of them are based off a novel.  Here's some info about he TV series, Based on the best-selling novel by Nick Hornby, written and produced by Jason Katims, and directed by Jon Favreau comes a different kind of coming-of-age story. After writing a hit song, Will Freeman (David Walton) was granted a life of free time, free love and freedom from financial woes. He's single, unemployed and loving it. So imagine his surprise when Fiona (Minnie Driver), a needy single mom and her oddly charming 11-year-old son, Marcus (Benjamin Stockham), move in next door and disrupt his perfect world.

The pilot was a truncated version of the movie but still hit all the right spots. It's cute, funny and very charming. I really liked the movie and from just this pilot I can tell I'm going to be liking the TV series. I just hope it does well and we get to see plenty more of About A Boy.. it airs on NBC Tuesday night.. be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment