Friday, November 13, 2009

Visiting Dad

Today I took off work to visit my Dad in the hospital. I knew it would be a few hours to get there and with the GPS it found a back way driving the 138 to 215 that it said was quicker. I went by myself as Harry decided that he didn't want to go. As I was driving Dad actually called me and asked if I would swing by the house and pick up some clothes for him. I told him I was going a completely different way and wasn't anywhere near his house but I could stop by a store and buy him what he needs. So that is what I did. I stopped by Walmart and picked him up some underwear, shorts and a T-shirt. I got to his room around 12:30pm.

He had tubes all over the place but he looked in good spirits. He said that they did the angioplasty and he was feeling much better. I spent about three hours chatting with him and visiting.

Found out that he indeed had a heart attack, this was he second in two years. And two of his heart valves are in good shape just needed a bit of cleaning, but the two other aren't fairing so well. They aren't bad enough to justify heart surgery but they aren't the most healthiest of valves. The Doctors want Dad to come back on a regular bases so they can keep in eye on those valves. If they get worse then he'll need to have them replaced. They are currently putting him on more meds to try and help control the issue.

He should be getting out of the hospital on Saturday or Sunday.

So not the greatest of news but it could have been so much worse.

Again thanks to all my twitter and facebook friends for moral support.. it helped very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment