Saturday, May 16, 2009
Next we went to the Dodge dealer in Van Nuys and found out it was out of business. So we moved on to the Dodge dealer in Glendale and they had four or five Used Dodge Rams but all of them 2x4. We stopped for a quick lunch at Sizzler and then drove north to the San Fernando Dodge dealer and found out that it too went out of business. Next we drove even further north to Valencia Dodge. And a side note it was hot in the valley but it had to be 15 degrees hotter in Santa Clarita Valley. Anyways we found the dodge dealer but they had no used Dodge truck. We started to head a little north west to Simi Valley Dodge but I was tired and said instead of us driving around we should all these places and find out if they actually are in business and have used Dodge trucks.. so we headed home. Once home we started to look for trucks online. There were a few but the prices were $25,000 to $29,000 and they had 202 to 30 thousand miles on them. I turned to Harry and said should be just go get the brand new truck as it didn't make sense to spend a few thousands less for a used car. Harry of course said yes so we went back to our first dealer (Canogo Park Dodge) and started the process of buying the truck. Besides the $32,000 cost of the truck and fees we purchased a lifetime warranty for the truck for another $2,060 so in the end we paid in CASH (well a check). $34,060.00 for a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4.
This was the first time in my life that I was buying a new car but also paying cash for a new car. My heart was racing as I was writing that check for over 34,000 dollars. Of course Harry said just wait, with the house you are going to write a check for $100,000 dollars... great!!!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Here it is Episode 4 of Knights of the Guild. We hope you enjoy it.
Today’s show features:
- First up we have our monthly Vorkism, every month Vork will bestow his words of wisdom to us.
- Our location today is Bladezz’s Basement
- For our Fan interview we have die hard fan World of Higlet
- We update you on the Cast and Crew and what they currently are up too.
- For our BTS segment we discuss our experience working on Season Two Episode Six: Blow Out.
- We have a very special crew interview: Jared Hoy - Chief Lighting Technician
- We have our Fan Feedback.
- We ask for Donations and Thank those you already donated.
- Then we have our final words and we say goodbye.
Please send your audio or written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can leave your comments in the comment section of this site.
Thank you again for all your support, we do this podcast because we are fans and more importantly for the fans.
Kenny & Jenni
Other Important Links
- Knights of the Guild Feeds/Downloads http://knightsoftheguild.podbean.com
- Knights of the Guild Daily Blog http://knightsoftheguildpodcast.blogspot.com/
- Knights of the Guild Fan page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/group
- Knights of the Guild Group on Watchtheguild.com http://community.watchtheguild.com/group
- Follow us on twitter @knightsofguild
- Knights of the Guild Cafe Press Online Shop : Where you can buy KOTG T-shrits, magnets, buttons and so much more. http://www.cafepress.com/KOTG
- Robin on Movie Mobs http://www.reelzchannel.com/moviemob
- Herpes Boy http://herpesboy.com/
- Comedy Gumbo http://www.awkwardpictures.com/videos/ComedyGumbo.html
- The World of Cory and Sid http://coryandsid.com/
- Legend of Neil http://www.effinfunny.com/legend-of-neil
- LA Talk Radio (Fangirl’s Guild to… ) http://www.latalkradio.com/Fangirl.php
- World of Higlet Blog http://worldofhiglet.blogspot.com
- World of Higlet Video http://youtube.com/evilworldofhiglet
Podcast Promo’s played during the show this week:
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Harry and I are now officially DEBT FREE!!!!!
It was awesome being able to make such large payments but it's also kind of scary making such large payments...
I was Debt free a few years before I meet Harry and it was great but it didn't last. This time I can guarantee it will last. I refuse to go into the debt again.. other then a house of course, but that's not debt that's an investment.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Now that the money situation is taking care of we can pay off our debt, buy Harry a new Truck and continue looking for a House.
Fun times ahead.
Monday, May 11, 2009
I guess we knew this was coming but still it's very upsetting this house has been on the market for 450+ days and the weekend we see it and fall in love with it is the weekend someone puts an offer in on it and it's accepted.
Well it wasn' t meant to be... if it is then escrow will fall through and will get our chance to make an offer on that house... until then we continue to search for a place we can call HOME.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Well it was released four days prior but I was finally able to see the new Star Trek movie. I have been excited to see this movie since I heard the were making it but as the date got closer and excitement did not build like it had with other Star Trek films.
This was a re-boot of the series. Going back to the Kirk era and using all new actors. I was never a huge fan of the TOS (The Original Series) era so maybe that is why I wasn't uber excited to see this. I mean I saw previews and it looked like an AWESOME action movie but it didn't feel like Star Trek.. at least not the Star Trek I grew up on. So I did not see it opening night but knew I wanted to see it opening weekend because most of my friends would have seen it before me and I didn't want to be spoiled. Well spoilers happened and I found out about a few key moments.. oh well.
Today Harry and I sat there in the theater and waited to see JJ's version of our beloved Star Trek Universe. When it was over I was EXTREMELY EXCITED and LOVED every moment of this new Trek. I like that they created an alternate timeline instead of a erasing the forty years of Trek history. This opened up the storyline for anything to happen and boy did it. Planets blowing up, unexpected folks hooking up and things being slightly tweaked.
All the actors were fantastic. (going to use their characters names instead of actors names) Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Sulu were spot on. Scotty, Bones and Chekov stood out. Scotty was funny and refreshing, Bones was played perfectly, and Chekov was cute, funny and smart.
I liked the story, how they tied in the original Trek universe and I loved seeing Leonard Nimoy as old Spock.
SFX were AWESOME, music was great and the overall movie was fun and entertaining. Of course not everything was perfect but those little things that bothered me were way over shadowed by the cool things that I loved.
I swore I was not going to buy the new Star Trek action figures.. but as I was getting into the car I turned to Harry and said.. "CRAP!! Now I have to buy the figures."
I can't wait for the next Trek film.