Saturday, December 19, 2009
That's what I did today.. I did manage to wrap all of our Christmas presents, but that took a whole lot of effort.. but other then that I sat and watch hours and hour of recorded TV shows.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Two hours flew by and what an AWESOME movie. I'm not going to give away any spoilers just my general thoughts of the film. It was a fun, murder mystery type movie. The acting was great, RDJ was the perfect Holmes and Jude Law was fantastic as Watson. It was funny, sad, action packed and kept you guessing the entire way through. I loved how it was shot and how they would slow things down and drop the audio.
I'm not a huge Sherlock Holmes fan so I don't know how true this is to the original but it was entertaining and I can't wait to see it again after Christmas. Here's hoping it does well so we can get a sequel.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I have noticed that my hair has been getting thinner and thinner on top since my late 20's. It was hard at first because I had such a great head of curly hair all my life and now I was starting to see thinning. I went to the doctors and see if there was anything that could be done but alas he informed me that my hair lose has the characteristics of male pattern baldness.
For the next few years I tried to hide my thinning hair. I would grow it out and since it was long and curly I was able to comb it in a way where you couldn't see the thinning. Then while getting a hair cut the stylist told me that if the hair is shorter the thinning is less noticeable and she was right.. so I started shaving my head every few months and kept my hair super short.. that worked for a while but this last year life's been a bit stressful (buying a house) and I have notice that my hair has gone from thinning to being bald.
I don't know what changed but instead of trying to hide it or be embarrassed by it, I embraced it.. so I'm going bald, I don't know if I'll go completely bald (at least on top) but you know what.. I don't care. I can't do anything about it as I'm not buying a toupee.. I may try hair transplant down the road but for now I just have to live with it.
So here I am in all my baldness :)
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Felicia Day (W), Jim Rugg (A), Dan Jackson, Georges Jeanty (Cover), and Cary Nord (Cover)
On sale Mar 24
FC, 32 pages
Internet phenomenon The Guild comes to comics, courtesy of series creator, writer, and star Felicia Day
(Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog)!
Chronicling the hilarious on- and offline lives of a group of Internet role-playing gamers, the Knights of Good, The Guild has become a cult hit and is the winner of numerous awards from SXSW, YouTube, Yahoo, and the Streamys. Now Day brings the wit and heart of the show to this three-issue miniseries. In this origin tale of the Knights of Good, we learn about Cyd’s life before joining the guild, how she became Codex, and how she began to meet the other players who would eventually become her teammates. This storyline fills in details never before revealed on the web show, making it a delightful new chapter for existing fans as well as a perfect jumping-on point for new fans!
• The Guild is “perhaps the smartest (and definitely the funniest) webisodic series of the year.”
—The Los Angeles Times
• The web series is the winner of three 2009 Streamy Awards: Best Comedy Web Series, Best Ensemble, and Best Actress for Felicia Day.
• See the web series at watchtheguild.com.
The Internet phenomenon The Guild comes to comics!
Here it is Episode 11 part 1 of Knights of the Guild. We hope you enjoy it.
Today’s show features:
- * First up we have a Vorkism.
- * We are LIVE in studio via UStream
- * We discuss our thoughts on the S3 Finale along with written comments from listeners.
- * We have a great crew Interview with one of the funniest guys I know Jeff Lewis (Vork)
- * We find out what the cast and crew are up too.
- * We Thank our donors.
- * Then we have our final words and we say goodbye.
This podcast was recorded live, you can watch the video on our UStream channel - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/knights-of-the-guild You do need a password to access it. The password is KOTG
Thank you again for all your support, we do this podcast because we are fans and more importantly for the fans.
Kenny & Jenni
Other Important Links
- Knights of the Guild Feeds/Downloads http://knightsoftheguild.com
- Knights of the Guild Daily Blog http://knightsoftheguildpodcast.blogspot.com/
- Knights of the Guild Fan page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/group
- Knights of the Guild Group on Watchtheguild.com http://community.watchtheguild.com/group
- Knights of the Guild UStream Channel http://www.ustream.tv/channel/knights-of-the-guild
Password for UStream is KOTG
- Follow us on twitter @knightsofguild
Call Knights of the Guild 818-308-KOTG (5684) Let’s us know what you think of our show. Give your thoughts on the current season of The Guild or just say hi. US folks can use the widget on our websites to call for FREE.
- Knights of the Guild Cafe Press Online Shop : Where you can buy KOTG T-shrits, magnets, buttons and so much more. http://www.cafepress.com/KOTG
- The Guild http://watchtheguild.com
- Geekerdome Network http://geekerdome.com
- Between the Lines Studio Podcast Network http://Betweenthelinesstudio.com
- Horrible Turn http://horribleturn.com
- Teal Sherer Play “Proof” https://www.plays411.net/newsite/show/play_info.asp?show_id=2197
- The Return of El Diablo http://www.eldiabloreturns.com/
- Signed Legend of Neil Shirts http://tinyurl.com/NeilHolidayDeal
- Rick Moyer’s Stargazer CD http://www.takehimwithyou.com/stargazer/
- Rick Moyer’s A Christmas Caroled http://www.takehimwithyou.com/achristmascaroled/
- Jeff Lewis’ movie http://www.forchristssakemovie.com/
- Jeff Lewis’ growing up pictures http://twitpic.com/pb9yb
Special KOTG discount on The Guild ‘Spires of Dragnor” 11×17 Poster. Only 200 made.. individually numbered. http://nearmintmedia.com/kotg/
Podcast Promo’s played during the show this week:
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
We normally get our trees from Home Depot as they have nice and cheap trees. Before that we went a little Christmas shopping at Target and while there we checked out some of the artificial trees. Both Harry and I have talked about getting one but I have been opposed to them for the longest time but this time around and they fact that they look so real now I was interesting in getting one. Target was having a 50% off sale on all their trees. We found two that we liked.. one pre-lite and one not.. the one that wasn't pre-lite looked a bit nicer and we both agreed that , that was the one for us.. of course they were sold out. They did have 2 of the other pre-lite ones but instead we decided to head 30 minutes south to the Santa Clarita Target and see if they had the tree that we really liked. We figured if they didn't we would get the pre-lite one from them.. as surely they would have some.
Well we get to the second Target and they had less then the first and were out of both Trees that we liked. We went next door to Lowes and there artificial trees were not an sale and didn't look as good. We checked out there live trees and they were the most pathetic things we saw. We opted to head back to the first Target and hope that one of the 2 pre-lite trees were still there.. if not we could always go to Home Depot, which was are original plan. Our luck changed and they still have one of the pre-lite trees that we liked. So we got a $300 tree for $150. Can't wait to put it up.
Oh while at Target we came across one of the best Tree Toppers around..
Took us almost 4 hours to get the tree but we came home for a half hour, visited with the dog and then headed to my Dad's to visit. Got to Dad's around 6pm and went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant and then back to his place to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephew Kenobi. Spent about 3 hours with them and finally head home.. got home around 10:30pm and we were tired.. figured we will put the tree up after work tomorrow.. can't wait.