Today is Harry's 40th Birthday and as we have done the past seven years we gather with friends and family and have a birthday dinner at one of Harry's favorite Resturant, Outback Steakhouse. This will be the last of these events as Harry is heading back to Austria in the late summer.
We had friends Bruce, Moises and John join us as well my my brother Michael, sister-in-law Lora and nephew Kenobi join us. It was good dinner.. great food and fun company.
I use to grow my hair long to hide the top of my head which is starting to thin out. But then found out that the longer my hair got the balder I looked because the long hair would hang down from the middle showing more of the top of my head.. so I started to buzz cut it and it seemed the shorter I cut my hair the thinning top was less notable.
But the past few years I have accepted that my hair is thinning and it is part of me so I like my hair grow long and then blond the tips for fun and a few weeks later buzz it back down to nothing and do it all over again. Well we reached the stage were it was time to start over again so I buzzed (with Harry's assistants) all my hair off again.
I like both look.. the wild crazy hair and the nice clean cut.. which do you prefer??
Wow.. only halfway done and struggling to find interesting facts about me. The next 50 should be interesting or not :)
41. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
42. Would rather be in the company of a handful of close friends then a room full of acquaintances.
43. I've only been out of the United States once in my life (Mexico) Planning a Europe trip very soon.
44. Though I do 3 podcasts I've always disliked the sound of my voice.
45. I've always been mature for my age.. at 16 I was ready to marry and settle down.
46. At the age of 37 I dressed up in my Hogwarts Robes and stood in line for the release of the final Harry Potter book.
47. I'm one of those people who always looks on the bright side of things.
48. I'm addicted to the internet, can't go more then a few hours without checking my email, facebook, or twitter.
49. Don't eat salads, not a big veggie eater.
50. Call me a Geek, Dork, Dweeb, Nerd, or Loser.. I don't care.. I love who I am and wouldn't change for anything.
Once again it was as struggle to find 10 more interesting facts about me. It is fun doing this as it makes you think really hard about your life and what you've done (or lack there of). Not sure if I'm going to make it to 100.. but I'm going to give it a try.
31. I have an infectious laugh, friends use to call me The Giggler
32. Had an anxiety/panic attack in High School that was so bad that I made myself go temporally blind
33. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars and Firefly our my top 5 favorite worlds to visit.
34. If I went to Hogwarts I'd be sorted into Hufflepuff, which values Loyalty, Dedication and Hard Work.. sounds like me
35. I am a proud member of the Producer's Guild of America
36. I am teaching myself American Sign Language
37. Found my Dad's biological family after 58 years
38. I am half Puerto Rican & half German
39. I am allergic to Dairy (Lactose intolerant)
40. Graduated from High School with a 3.89 GPA and in the top 10% of my class
Wow this is getting toughier, it's not that I can't think of 100 facts about me but it's coming up with interesting things or things that folk don't already know about me. Anyways.. here are my next 10 Facts about Kenny
21. I've worked in the TV/Film industry for over 16 years
22. I was born and raised in Southern California
23. Saw Star Wars when I was 7 & it made me the Geekyfanboy I am today.
24. Pets I've had, Dogs, Cats, Chickens, Ducks, Turtle, Rabbits, Mice, Rats, Fish & a Chinchilla
25. I bungee jumped from 150 feet up.
26. I had a Star Trek "Borg" Themed wedding cake http://geekyfanboy.com/WeddingPage_17.jpg
27. Rode my bike from San Fransisco to Los Angeles (600+ miles) in seven days for the California Aids Ride in 2001
28. I'm a roller coaster enthusiast
29. I have a large round birth mark the size of a sliver dollar on my lower back.
30. I've appeared in 8 episodes of the webseries The Guild
More to come!!!!
There is a new hashtag going around Twitter and I thought I would participate in it. You tweet 100 facts about yourself. I thought it would be tough but it's really not that hard.. of course I've only done 20 so far.. that's a far cry from 100. Figure it will take me a week or so to tweet all 100.. here are my first 20.
1. I'll be 41 years old come September.
2. I've broken two bones so far... .my right arm (fell off monkey bars) and left wrist (rolled down a hill with an ATV)
3. I currently have 2 tattoos, Hogwarts crest on my left shoulder & R2D2 on my right calf, with plans to get 3 more
4. When I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian.
5. I struggled with being gay and didn't come out of the closet until I was 27 years old.
6. My favorite type of music is Country Music.
7. I am extremely shy & quiet (on the verge of socially awkward) in person
8. Favorite color is Green
9. I don't cuss.. EVER!!!
10. I've been collecting action figures for 34 years.
11. I've always wanted a biological child of my own. There is still hope of have one
12. My hair has been purple, red, orange, black, blond and it's natural brown.
13. My very first geeky convention that I attended was in LA for the series Alien Nation, 2 days of awesomeness.
14. I was Donny and Marie Osmond's personal assistant back in the summer 97
15. I graduated from California State University Fullerton w/ a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication - TV/Radio/Film
16. I don't drink (once a year maybe), never smoked, never done drugs of any kind.
17. Saved my brother from drowning when he was 3 and I was 8
18. I'm a Hopeless Romantic
19. I love singing along with the radio while driving in the car
20. Because of Jaws I'm still afraid to go into deep water / ocean
Stay tuned.. I'll be tweeting more facts about me.
Well today it rained all day.. and when I say all day I mean.. every minute of the day. We had small ponds through out our property. I had planned to do some major yard work but of course wouldn't do that in the down pour.. so instead I opted to edited my next two podcasts MASH 4077 Podcast #5 and Knights of the Guild Podcast #27. Spent the day on and off working on both podcasts. I did manage to finish my MASH 4077 Podcast and I'm almost done with my next Knights of the Guild podcast, I just need to add one more segment (waiting for Guild Something). Was very happy with the amount of work I got done today.. really want to get my other 3 MASH podcasts done in the next week or so. Also going to start working on getting my third podcast Epic Geek Out up and running.