Saturday, April 17, 2010
The party was a lot of fun, got to see lots of family that I don't get to see very often. It was great seeing my Aunt Paula and cousin Kathy who I haven't see since the death of my Uncle Richard five or so years ago. Got to spend some time with my Aunt Linda who I see very rarely and of course it's always nice to spend some time with my nephew Kenobi. And hanging with my Mom is always great as I don't get to do it as often as I would like.
We didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked.. my mom lives two hours away so that's four hour on the road already and Daisy can stay in the house for about 9 hours before she has to go outside.. so we stayed for about five hours before heading out.
It's always fun spending time with the family.. maybe it's because we don't do it very often so the time we do spend together is very special.
Friday, April 16, 2010
I won't go into great detail about our meeting needless to say that there was a lot of mis-communication. I told them I would not quit (yes it was that bad as I was thinking about it.) and that I would stay the remaining three months until my current show was over.
My supervisor told me of another position that would start in a few week. It was a demotion in position going from Post Production Supervisor to Lead Assistant Editor and the pay was also several hundred less then what I'm making now. I told her I needed to talk to Harry over the weekend and I'd get back to her.
So my option is to stick it out and just co-exist with the show runner and do the best job I can or leave for a lower position job with less pay. It might be an obvious decision for some but I am so unhappy at this current job I really have to think about it..
I'll keep you posted.
Felicia Day podcast interview
Corey Tamas Thursday, 15 April 2010 08:25
Fans of The Guild, the super popular web-based show about six losers in an MMO guild, will be happy to find out that Felicia Day did a little interview about the upcoming season 4... audio, no less. Over at Knights of the Guild there's a short interview with the adored-by-geeks beauty about what to expect in the show's next season, which will arrive this summer. She hesitates to say a lot about the show (because who would want to ruin the surprises?) but, as the lead writer, she mentions that she's planning to go a little easier on the characters in this season after the seemingly endless abuse at the end of season 3. She says she's planning on putting them back together and making them comfortable once more as a "dysfunctional family". It's a neat interview with a superhumanly nerdy interviewer and should whet the appetites of those who love just listening to Day talk and imagining that they're sitting at their feet, staring up affectionately into her eyes (or whatever it is you guys do when you hear Felicia Day talk).
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Here it is Episode 15 part 1 of Knights of the Guild… Enjoy!!!
Today’s show features:
- * First up a classic Vorkism.
- * We are recording this weeks podcast live at Charlie’s Internet Cafe
- * We discuss the latest Guild News
- * We have a very cool cast Interview with Teal Sherer
- * We find out what the cast and crew are up too.
- * We read listener feedback
- * We announce the winner of our end of month (March) contest
- * Then Business Time and Good bye
This podcast was recorded live, you can watch the video on our UStream channel - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/knights-of-the-guild You do need a password to access it. The password is KOTG
Thank you again for all your support, we do this podcast because we are fans and more importantly for the fans.
Kenny & Jenni
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
This was played at this years Streamys and was on of the very few highlights. It's a Mash Up of several of the nominated websereis, including the one I work on The Guild.. check it out.
KOTG News Minicast #3 - Season Four
Well it was officially announced that Microsoft will be sponsoring Season Four of The Guild. Here is the official announcement from WatchtheGuild.com
The Guild Season 4
Posted: 13 Apr 2010 11:53 AM PDT
We’re pleased to announce that Season 4 of The Guild is official – Microsoft has renewed the show for another season and new episodes of The Guild will be coming to Xbox, Zune and PCs this summer. Felicia is putting the finishing touches on the script for Season 4, which will pick up where Season 3 left off. Pre-production is underway, keeping producer Kim Evey and Streamy Award winning director Sean Becker very busy as cameras are set to roll sometime in May. Seasons 1 through 3 are currently available on watchtheguild.com, iTunes, Amazon and YouTube.
Microsoft has sponsored The Guild since season 2. The Guild thanks Microsoft – along with all the fans – for continued support of the show.
-The Guild management
I actually chatted with Felicia Day for a few minutes and tried to squeeze some info out about Season Four.. I wasn’t too successful but I did manage to get a few tibits.. so take a listen to my conversation with Felicia.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Now for V.. as I have said in my previous blogs about V I'm an old school fan of the original and thought the new version is far from the original it still have elements that link back to the original. I've been liking the new V. Last nights episode was enjoyable.. I wouldn't say they are great.. but they are fun.
Monday, April 12, 2010
It also has one of the best theme songs, here's the extended version.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
... If I knew then what I know now I would have opted out again this year.
Anyways, got ready around noon and found out that my 1 pair of dress pants were slightly to small and the black dress shirt I was going to wear had the top button missing. So a quick trip to Kohl's to grab another pair of pants and shirt. Got home around 2 and ate a quick lunch. Dressed and sure enough my red suspenders snapped... and I had to go with my black pair.
Got on the road about 2:30 as I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get to downtown LA and I needed to be there (so I thought) by 4pm for the red carpet. I got there around 3:45pm and headed in. Went to the VIP/red carpet side and found out that I was not in the right place. Instead I had to walk around the block to the front of the building and get my "general" admission ticket there and stand in line.
First of all.. this year was very different then last years. I'd figure I would have access to The Guild cast as I was there to do a microcast for Knights of the Guild. But since everyone was in the VIP section and I was part of the general admission that was not going to happen.
So luckily a fellow Guild crew member Andrew was in line and allowed me to join him (thank goodness for this or I would have been totally alone). We waited in line for about an hour before they let us in. Once inside we were directed to the upper balcony for seating. We did manage to get second row from the front over on the right side of the auditorium. Then we waited a half hour for the show to start.
I won't go into great detail about the show, but will highlight some of the good and bad.
* Technical issues: this is to be expected for a "live" event, just not so many all at once.)
* Video Screens: Since I was in the upper balcony I could not see any of the activities happening with the celebrities down below, I could only hear the audio. This did many skits with the audience and it became very annoying after a while.
* Vulgar and Raunchy humor: I don't mind smart dirty humor but this was low brow and stupid.
* Do the gag and move on: Some of the gags were funny but then they would go on and on and on and they became less funny as they went.
* To many homophobic and rude jokes: I'm a gay man and I know they were in jest but there is a limit and they crossed it.
* Felicia Day: She won Best Actress in a Comedy Series later in the show but she showed such class with her acceptance speech (best one of the night).
* Sean Becker: He won for Best Direction in a Comedy Series. This was so well deserved as he works hard in every aspect of The Guild
* Paul Scheer: He hosted the show and though some of the writing was horrible he came up with some pretty funny jokes and made the best of a bad situation.
* Autotune The News: They presented a very cool youtube inspired Autotune video.. they also preformed one of there skits live and when they won their award the four of them sang their acceptance speech in harmony and it was one of the highlights of the night.
* And of course the two male streakers, some folks didn't like but I thought it was funny and kind of lighten the mood.
After the ceremony I couldn't find any of the Guild cast and really had had enough of this event so I headed home. I did talk with Jenni and she was working press with Tubefilter but did manage to get a few interviews with The Guild cast so I'm hoping we can do a short microcast about the event in the future.
**** Thank you to WorldofHiglet for the screen grabs. You can see more here.