Saturday, July 31, 2010
I also finished another podcast KOTG CompanionCast S4E3 which is due to be released on Wednesday August 4th. Would really like to get up to Episode 6 done by the end of the week. Just hope I have enough material to make some good podcasts.
If you don't know who Warwick Davis is, his big roles were Wicket in Star Wars, Willow in Willow and Professor Flitwick in Harry Potter among many other cool movies and tv shows. I've been a big fan of his ever since Willow, for it's one of my all time favorite fantasy movies.
I can't wait to sit down and start reading about his very interesting life.
Read this on a Facebook group called "Homosexuality is NOT a choice, but homophobia is."had to share it with you all.
- I am the boy who never finished high school, because I got called a fag every day.
- I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
- I am the guy that lives on the streets because I am scared to go home.
- I am the prostitute working the streets because I can't find anybody who will hire a transsexual woman.
- I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
- We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
- I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
- I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
- I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
- I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
- I am the child that dreams of seeing my mum again. The courts won’t let me because she lives with another woman.
- I am the man who fears that I will never be able to be myself, to be free of this secret because I won’t risk loosing my family and friends.
- We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
- I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
- I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
- I am the brother that gets called a fag just because my brother isn’t ashamed of who he is.
- I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
- I am the girl that was raped behind my school because some stranger wanted to teach me to be a “real woman”.
- I am the guy down the street that can’t get a disability pension because my partner is a man.
- I am the woman who died when the paramedics stopped treating me because they found out I didn't have a female body.
- I am the man that is afraid of losing his job, for expressing his true identity.
- I am the mother that sees my son come home from school every day in tears because the other kids call him a girl.
- I am the celebrity that wishes I could tell the world who I am, but I'm too scared.
- I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
- I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn’t have to always deal with society hating me.
- I am the Youth Worker that sees hundreds of kids thrown out of home because they were honest with their families.
- I am the girl that struggles to get up in the morning because school is so cruel to me.
- I am the footballer scared to come out because I might lose my contract.
- I am the boy that always wanted a Barbie, but no one would let me have one.
- I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most: love.
- I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I’m a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
- I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to “teach me a lesson”.
We are all around you. We are the millions that want the hate to end.
Friday, July 30, 2010
I turned on the News and the show Bones was just finishing up and the leads were having a discussion on Soulmates and Bones quoted where the word Soulmates came from and I always liked the idea of being split in two and having "another" half out there (guess it's the romantic in me) but never knew where it came from so I looked it up.Got this from Wiki : One story about soulmates, presented by Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, is that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them:
[Primeval man] could walk upright as men now do, backwards or forwards as he pleased, and he could also roll over and over at a great pace, turning on his four hands and four feet, eight in all, like tumblers going over and over with their legs in the air; this was when he wanted to run fast …Terrible was their might and strength, and the thoughts of their hearts were great, and they made an attack upon the gods ... Doubt reigned in the celestial councils. Should they kill them and annihilate the race with thunderbolts, as they had done the giants, then there would be an end of the sacrifices and worship which men offered to them; but, on the other hand, the gods could not suffer their insolence to be unrestrained. At last, after a good deal of reflection, Zeus discovered a way. He said: 'I have a plan which will humble their pride and improve their manners; men shall continue to exist, but I will cut them in two and then they will be diminished in strength and increased in numbers; this will have the advantage of making them more profitable to us. They shall walk upright on two legs, and if they continue insolent and will not be quiet, I will split them again and they shall hop about on a single leg.'
Started the day with working on some Knights of the Guild business, emails, donations etc... I started to work on several Podcasts (Microcast 20 - Quest for SDCC, CompanionCasts 3,4,5, and 6) but as I started Avid I decided to head outside to get some yard work done. I have been putting it off since I got back from vacation and it really needs to be done. Though I was ready to edit podcasts today a spark of motivation got me outside for the next two hour pulling weeds and trimming trees.
Once I was back in I went and got lunch for Harry and I. Once that was over I sat down to record the intro and outro for Microcast 20. Also did an audio comment on The Temple of Doom for a friends podcast, Treks in Sci Fi.
I finally started to edit Microcast 20 and a few hours later it was done. I started the conversion process, which can take hours so in between processes I went back out several times and did more yard work until it was too dark to see. I did manage to get 2/3's of the yard work done and I will finish it tomorrow for sure. Also I finished Microcast 20 but haven't even started any of the CompanionCasts which bummed me out as I was really hoping to get more of them done by now.. oh well I always have tomorrow where it looks like I'll be doing the same thing.. yard work and podcasting.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
I thought the SFX were cool, the story was the same as the original with a few tweaks and additional characters. The action scenes were fun and entertaining.I really enjoyed the 3 witch scene the make up was awesome, and the Medusa scene was well done. They even had a cameo of my favorite metal owl Bubo. I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It was one of those fun entertaining roller coaster popcorn summer movie and I'm glad I got it on Blu-ray so I can watch it again and again in the future.
Here it is Episode 18 part 2 of Knights of the Guild. We hope you enjoy it.
Today’s show features:
- * First up we have a Classic Vorkism
- * We are recording this weeks podcast live on set of The Guild’s “GAME ON” music video
- * We discuss Behind the Scenes of Season 3 Episode 6 - Newbtastic
- * We have another great fan interview with Ben Terrill (Fan, Extra, Volunteer)
- * We have another installment of Guild Something with Sean Becker
- * Listener Feedback
- * We thank our donors.
- * Then Business Time (We continue to use contest submissions, Thanks Higlet, Mike, Jennifer, Osiroman, David, Donica, Jerod, and Nas)
- * Then our Good byes
Thank you again for all your support, we do this podcast because we are fans and more importantly for the fans.
Kenny & Jenni
Other Important Links
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
We took him to Vasquez Rock for a mild hike, then to Islands for some yummy burgers. We got back to our place and I interviewed him for my Knights of the Guild podcast for the fan portion of it. We then had some delicious cupcakes that he bought for us and finally we sat down to watch Clash of the Titan's which I just purchased on Blu-ray.
It was a fun night, we got to know Thomas a little better and we are happy he spent his last "full" day here in LA with us. Safe travels Thomas.. see you soon.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
So this was the top secret project that several people (myself, sean and sandeep) tweeted about. For this years surprise video at Comic Con down in San Diego, Felicia Day and company came up with this AWESOME Bollywood Music Video called “GAME ON” I was on set the two days of shooting and got exclusive behind the scene information about the making of this very cool video.
If you haven’t seen the video yet, check it out HERE
This microcast is more of a companioncast on the Bollywood video as I did all these interview live and on set. This podcast includes interviews with Felicia, Sean, Kim, Jeff, Amy, Greg, Vince, Sandeep and many others.
I hope you enjoy this look behind the scenes of “GAME ON”
Other Important Links
- Folks in Costumes http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=461301&id=707225374&l=f2caf24dc1
- Me and Friends http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=461325&id=707225374&l=8b9c1684ad
- The Guild at Con http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=461322&id=707225374&l=ae6327bd6d
- Tron & Flynn's Arcade http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=461454&id=707225374&l=20288dd00d
I'm also working on KOTG podcasts as there was an error in one as I moved an entire section to part of 18 but then realized that we talk about going to comic con in that section and since it will be released after comic con I had to go back and cut it out. (not to mention that this podcast was completely done and already uploaded waiting to be released.) I also did one final pass on KOTG Microcast 19 Quest for Bollywood as the The Guild's music video came out at midnight and I'll be releasing the podcast at the some time tonight. I also have to start working on the next companioncast as episode 3 of The Guild will be out next Tuesday.
And if that wasn't enough I have TV I have to caught up on and a ton of yard work. Oh.. and I forgot to mention that I have to figure out what I want to do with my life as I'm not sure I want to go back into the field of Post Production for TV.
I'll keep you all posted.