Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fixing the Tire

Well I got up early today to try and get they stripped lug nut off the tire so I could change it.. after an hour or so of trying I finally gave up and decided to call AAA. They sent someone out and who tried and remove the lug nut but they had no luck. So he called a tow truck and we towed the Jeep a few blocks away to the local Pep Boys (which btw I hate.. long story). They informed me that it was cost me $45 to remove the lug nut. At that time I didn't care I just wanted it done. About and hour later they start working on my Jeep. Using their high power "impactor" tool they had the lug off in two seconds. I ask for them to put my spare tire on because the tire they took off was under warranty and I was going to take it back to the place and have them fix it. As he took my spare off he called me over to show me a nail in my spare tire. He said he would have to fix it before they could put it on.. that would cost an additional $25. I figure since I was fixing a tire I might as well have them fix the good tire instead of the spare. He also informed me that all my lug nuts were starting to strip and I should replace them all. Of course they don't have the same ones I use so now I have funky looking lugs on that tire but it holds it on. Also my Jeep has five lugs and they sell the lugs in packs of four.. so yep I had to buy two packs. Needless to say two hours later and $80 poorer I got my tired fixed and I head home to try and enjoy my Sunday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment