Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dating... Again

Wow.. never thought I would be doing this again.. but after eight years I'm getting back out there in the dating pool. I hate dating, I've always hated dating but it's a necessary evil to find that person whom I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. The scary thing is I'm currently 40 pounds heavier and have less hair on top then I did eight years ago and I had a hard time then finding someone to love me.

Upside is I'm much wiser and more determined to find that special someone whom I will spend the rest of our lives together. I know what I like and what I don't like. I've learned what I can live with and what I absolutely can't live with. I know now if I see "red" flags, I need to pay attention to them and not ignore them like I've done the past.

It's always tough finding people to date since I don't do the bar scene and most of my gay friends are taken. I do have some straight friends who tell me they have the perfect person for me and then send me a link to their friends facebook page and I read what they like and we have nothing in common, other then both being gay. So I'm not opposed to being set up with someone but please make sure that we have something more in common then just being gay. I may go back to online dating since that is how I found my ex eight years ago.

So wish me luck.. there has a be a geek out there who will love me for me.

4 comments:

  1. You deserve to find someone to love you for you! And I hope you do! (and trust me, when you find that "one" your weight and hairline won't matter) Dating websites are good! I have a friend and a family member who are both engaged to people they met on eharmony. Good luck sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on taking this step, Kenny! You're brave and awesome! Have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you know what you want and if you know the things where you won't be making any compromises...well than dating can actually be a fun game!!

    ReplyDelete