Sunday, January 26, 2020

A Magical Coffee House

I recently heard about this Harry Potter themed Coffee shop, now I'm not a coffee drinker but I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and so is my buddy Brian so we decided to take a field trip to downtown Los Angeles and visit this place. It's called Nimbus Coffee and it's located at 1115 S Hope St. in Downtown LA. It's not exactly Harry Potter but it's Harry Potter adjacent, I assume that's why it hasn't' been shut down yet. When you walk in your definitely get a Harry Potter feel. 

They have these fun portraits of Celebrities crossed with Harry Potter Characters, such as the Half Blood "Prince" and it's a picture of the singer Prince via Snape. We also had Mariah LeStrange who is of course Mariah Carey mixed with Bellatrix LeStange and finally Albus Freeman, which is a protrait of Morgan Freeman ala Albus Dumbledore.

Lots of magical looking things all around the place, like wands, luggage and wizard looking posters. They had a wall that looks like a newspaper (ala Daily Prophet) with TV's build in so it looks like moving images. They had several lounging places with cool chairs along with wooden tables and chairs. And in the back they have a wall of wands which seems to be the Instagram photo spot.

As for their drinks, like I said I'm not a big coffee person but Brian tried several of there drinks I can't remember the names of them but they too were Harry Potter themed. We also had a piece of  very tasty lemon poppy bread. All were very good and very sugary. The staff was great, there were tons of other Harry Potter fans, some dressed up in robes and such. It's a small place and it was packed but never felt crammed. It does close fairly early, be aware of that... It's not a place I would go to all the time (like I do with Hogsmeade) but if I'm in the area I'd stop on by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment