Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Packing Woes

With my official notice given I have to start packing up all my things. These are the times I wonder why I collect so much stuff. I have the normal furniture; bed, desk, dining table and chairs, book shelves and love seat but then I also have a few hundred boxes full of toys, magazines, trading cards, books and statues. I am giving myself one week (3 hours after work everyday) to pack up my "toy" room, figured that would be plenty of time. I had already gone through my bedroom and took all my action figures down and boxed them up. But of course things don't go as planned. It's only been a few days and I'm realizing that it's taking me a lot longer to pack things up also I'm running out of bins. I usually pack my toys in plastic bins as they tend to protect my things better then card board boxes but I'm only about a third of the way through my toy room and I'm running low on bins. I even went out and bought five new bins and those were filled in minutes. I can feel the familiar anxiety creep back into my life. I've been really good at keeping it a bay but in recent months I've had a few attacks but I can feel it returning once again. Rationally I know everything will get done, I still have a month before I have to move out. But the more I load everything into my living room the more I see on how much stuff I actually have and that I'm going to have to find an apartment with some storage space or I'll have to rent a storage unit in addition to my rent cost, which isn't a happy thought. Now I just feel like I'm babbling, packing is moving along, slowly but moving forward. I still hope to have everything packed by early March and find a place to move by mid March so I can take a few weeks to move in rather then just one weekend... fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment