Monday, August 16, 2010

A Healthier Me - Day 1

Today is the first day of my new workout regimen . I'll be blogging my progress daily in an effort to motivate myself to continue with this. Every Monday I'll post my weight and hopefully we will all share in my success. My current goal is to get my weight below 200 by the end of the year. After that it will be a few pounds every month (gotta set realistic goals). Baby steps are the way to go for me. One thing that is an issue is not only am I'm trying to lose weight but I'm also building muscle and muscle weights more then fat so my weight lose at some point will plateau and I may even start gaining again... just gotta keep in mind that I'm losing the bad weight but gaining the good weight.

So here was my first work out.

WEIGHT: 214

WORKOUT:

30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical
3 sets of ten on the chest fly for my chest (60 lbs)
3 sets of ten on the curl arm for my biceps (35 lbs)
3 sets of ten on the free weight (90 lbs)
3 sets of ten for both arms, working on my triceps (30 lbs)

I'm very happy with what I accomplished today. I haven't worked out in over 3 years. Cardio was tough, just five minutes in and I was ready to quit.. but I persisted and struggled the first 15 minutes but after that the last 15 went quickly.

I feel really good right now.. my arms a bit tight but my legs feel fine. I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll be sore but I'm going to do it all over again.. at least the cardio and then work on my legs and stomach, I plan to alternate back and forth between upper and lower body.

That's it for Day 1.. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

4 comments:

  1. Very good. Glad to hear you'll be posting it on here frequently. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your progress in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny, this inspires me. i may do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I HATE the jelly arms and legs feeling the next day. I hope you keep feeling well! I wonder if you're working out in the mornings or evenings and if when you're weighing yourself. I'm doing both in the mornings, but sometimes the scale is more forgiving in the evenings...though it's probably just coincidence. I'm thinking of doing 2 short sessions, one morning and one evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do whatever i can to encourage you!! WTG kenny, keep at it.

    ReplyDelete