Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Event

One good thing about September besides my birthday is new TV season. There's not a lot of new stuff that I want to see but there are a few and today I watched The Event. It airs on Mondays at 9pm. There is a lot of buzz around this one because folks are comparing it "lost". Not much is known about "the Event" in The Event but here is a brief synopsis of the storyline

The Event
follows Sean Walker, a man who, while investigating the mysterious disappearance of his girlfriend, Leila, begins to discover the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

The first episode was okay, you are thrown right into the middle of it. The very first scene are camera people running and screaming.. saying stuff like.. what is it.. and oh my god it's coming...and the air is all disturbed and things are flying everywhere. Then it jumps back 23 minutes, then back 13 months and it continues to go back and forth showing different parts of the same scene that's leading up the what we saw at the beginning of the episode. I'm hoping we don't jump back and forth like this in all the episodes as you really need to keep track of everything but I did like how all the storyline converged at the end.. and the ending is what made me want to see the next episode.

Through this entire episode they keep you guessing on what this "thing" is that everyone is talking about. They use lot of "those people" and vague statements that can go either way. I thought this was a sci fi show so I kept thinking that it was aliens or something like that but you never really know and of course I didn't expect anything in the first episode but that last scene sealed for it.. it's sci fi and I can't wait to see where this story goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment