Friday, July 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Harry Potter

Well not really.. but it sounded like a good title to this blog... Well tonight is the night, I get to see the final Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Part of me can't wait to see it but the other part of me doesn't want it to be over. It was the same way when the final book came out. I wanted to devour it up but then I didn't want it to end. It's been 10 years since the first movie came out back in 2001 and I was sucked into Harry Potter universe. I knew of the books prior to the first movie but never read them. Once I saw the first movie I immediately went out and purchased the first book and read it from cover to cover in days. I then found out they had audio books of the first four books as the fifth book was not out yet. So I quickly purchased them and for the next month I listened to the entire Harry Potter story from book 1 to book 4 and it was magical. I then proceeded to listen again and again and again while I waited for the fifth book and second movie.

I have loved every movie that has come out since. I'm not a purist, I realize that the books are different from the movies and I love the books and movies for different reasons.

Tonight I will see the final chapter of the Harry Potter "movie" series and I will love it.. there is no doubt in my mind. I'll be sad that's it's over but also happy that the story was finally told in movie form.

Harry Potter will always be a part of my life, not because of the huge Hogwarts Crest tattoo on my left arm but because it's become part of my fandom, my life. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about Harry Potter, Like Star Wars, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings it will remain with me for the rest of my life.

And now that we have Pottermore, we are bound to have new information, new adventures with the Boy Who Lived.

Will post my review of HP DH pt2 tomorrow.

For now grab some tissues and take a look at this video of some of the casts final days on set.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kenny, you got me all misty eyed...lol

    ReplyDelete