Saturday, September 17, 2011

Podcasts, Yard Work and Fires

I think the title of this blog is pretty much the title of all my blogs recently. Once again today I wanted to work on editing some podcasts. I think with the weekly CompanionCast it seems all I do on weekends are editing podcasts. Luckily there are only 4 more CompanionCasts left for the season. I got up at 7:30am and went outside to do some yard work. Did that for an hour before coming in an taking a break. I tried to motivate myself to do some podcasts but it was a struggle and instead I surfed the net and watched some TV.  I really wanted to start watching my new Star Wars on Blu-ray, which I got yesterday but I knew if I started I wouldn't be able to stop and I have to much to do to devote an entire day to Star Wars (though that sounds WONDERFUL).

At 11am I had set up to record several podcasts with my friends Al and Joyce. I was doing a Confessions of a Fanboy with Al and a Confessions of a Fangirl with Joyce. Also Joyce and I were doing a podcast for one of their shows call Just Because. This episode's title is Coffee Talk with Kenny and Joyce. Had a blast chatting with these guys. Got done with that around 1:30pm and noticed helicopter sounds coming from outside and that's never a good sign. So I went out back and saw a brush fire just over the hill. It looked like it was burning for a while and it was going in the opposite direction from my house so I was feeling okay, but winds could change and things can go from good to bad in a matter of seconds. I watched the fire for a half hour or so and then decided to head out and grab some lunch. While driving down Sierra Highway there was a ton of people on the side of the road watching the fire, it was kind of bizarre seeing so many people out and about as this is normally a very quiet area. Got my lunch from El Pollo Loco and headed home. While eating lunch I watched a few hours of TV, again trying to motivate myself to edit my next KOTG
CompanionCast. Finally around 6pm I jumped on the computer and began to edit the next CompanionCast. Around 9pm I realized that I hadn't eaten dinner so I made myself a quick dinner and watched the latest Doctor Who (it was really creepy, super sad and had a surprising ending, can't wait to see where it goes). After Who my buddy Greg Aronowitz texted me and asked if I was up for a skype call to talk about episode 9 for the CompanionCast, the one I'm currently working on. He's been so busy lately that we haven't been able to hook up and talk. So of course I love having him part of the podcast I jumped on skype and did the interview him. Will have to cut that in tomorrow morning and the podcast will be ready to go.

All in all it was a lazy yet productive day. I had my moments of laziness but then burst of energy and was able to get some things done. Still haven't opened the Star Wars blu-ray :( Hopefully I'll have a few hours on Sunday and watch some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment