Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Movie Marathon - Day 2

Guest remaining, Jes, Dallas, Aaron, Anthony, Michele, Josh, Anne and Brett. We started the day with some biscuits and gravy for breakfast. We then continued the Christmas Movie Marathon with one of my new modern classic favorites.. "Elf". Dallas had not seen this one so it was fun introducing this movie to him.

We then moved on to another modern classic Christmas movie that I got a screener for this year "Rise of the Guardians"  I love this movie and I've seen it I think 5 times over the past month and it never gets old. Only a few folks have seen it so it was cool to be able to share this great movie with everyone.

During Rise of the Guardians Jen joined the party bringing our number to 10. After the movie we headed out to lunch and went to Islands. This group hasn't been to Islands in a while because the group was getting just to big, but since it was smaller this time we were able to return to our old stomping ground.

When we got back home, Anne and Dallas packed up and left while Anthony and Michele took a nap. The rest of us diverted from the Christmas movies and started watching more of my screeners. First up was Cloud Atlas, I've seen this a few times and it gets better with every with viewing and I'm happy to say that everyone enjoyed it.

After the movie, Anthony, Michele and Aaron left for the evening. Leaving Jes, Brett, Josh, Jen and myself to end the Christmas Movie Marathon with my new screener of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

It was a great way to end what was truly a wonderful Christmas celebration with friends. It goes to show that having fewer people does indeed make for a more enjoyable party (at least for me). We also didn't drink hard alcohol, only beer and wine and very little of that as well. It was a great weekend of board games, cards, movies, food and friends.

Thanks everyone who joined me this weekend; Josh, Will, Jen, Jes, Dallas, Anthony, Michele, Luis, Teresa, Aaron, Jennifer, Brett and Anne.

And Merry Christmas to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment