Monday, March 24, 2014

Dream Vacation - Ireland

So my trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland has come to an end. What an amazing start to my dream vacation. Both Ireland and Northern Ireland have some of the most beautiful places that I have or will ever see on this planet. Green as far as the eye can see. So much nature and beauty that it brings a peacefulness to your soul. The Hobbit in me was in heaven. If I ever decide to leave United States this is where I'd want to be. The people are friendly and warm. The weather.. not so warm but it would be worth the cold weather to live in such a place.

I'm so happy I was able to go on this adventure with buddies Robert and Thomas. Though Thomas is from Ireland he had never been to the southern part of the island so we all got to experience it for the first time together. And speaking of Thomas... I especially want to thank him for his hospitality and generosity. He drove the entire trip, he let us stay at his place when we were in the Belfast area. We also stayed with his parents who were so incredibly warm and caring. They made us feel like we were part of their family. And I got to experience my very first Irish Breakfast (Thanks Caroline). Thomas taught us so much about Ireland history.. he was a fantastic tour guide and I'll never be able to thank him enough for all that he has done.


Some highlights from Ireland/Northern Ireland... getting to spend Saint Patrick's Day in Dublin, so much fun. Kissing the Blarney Stone. Seeing the beautiful Cliffs of Moher as well as the Cliffs of Slieve League. The Burren was AMAZING. Getting to experience live authentic Irish music while drinking a beer in a tavern in Galway. And too many castle ruins to mention. What an amazing experience. And what is even better.. is this is just the beginning. Next up Scotland, Wales and England, 24 more days to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment