Spent the majority of the this rain filled stormy day inside and planning or at least researching stuff for my dream vacation to Ireland / the UK. Today I looked up castles and there are hundreds of different castles all through out the UK and Ireland. I started making a list of ones I wanted to see but after fifty I decided it would be easier to find a book or website that has names of cities and what castles can be found with in them.
I also spent a good deal of the day debating on weather I would take the train up and down the coast or rent a car.
- For the train I can get a Britpass for 15 stops only for $745 dollars. That will limit me to how many times I can get off and on the train and I'm sure there are other restrictions that go along with that.
- For the car it would cost me just over $500 to rent it for the three weeks while I am in the UK, plus I would need gas which I would add another $250 for a total of $750.
Pros for taking the train;
- Don't have to deal with traffic
- Can relax and enjoy the scenery
- Limited to where and what I can see
- Will have luge around luggage with me if I can't store it at a friends house.
- Can travel where ever I want
- Don't have to wait for train schedules
- Can explore more of the rural countryside
- Can store luggage inside car
- Can sleep in car (if necessary).
- Will have to drive on the opposite side of the road
- Will have to deal with unknown weather conditions
- Will have to find parking for the car
- Will have to deal with traffic