Saturday, May 28, 2016

X-Men: Apocalypse - My Thoughts

Today I went to Arclight Sherman Oaks with some friends to see X-Men: Apocalypse. Here's a quick synopsis: Worshiped as a god since the dawn of civilization, the immortal Apocalypse becomes the first and most powerful mutant. Awakening after thousands of years, he recruits the disheartened Magneto and other mutants to create a new world order. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Professor X and Raven lead a team of young X-Men to stop their seemingly invincible nemesis from destroying mankind.

I've enjoyed the "reboot" of this franchise. Well I don't know if you can call it that since they are starting to combine both casts into one universe. But I really liked First Class and Days of Future Past so I went into this movie with high hopes and I have to say they didn't disappoint.

Of course the SFX were amazing but you come to expect that. I really liked the character development and the story. Of course some of the characters could have done with a bit more back story but overall it was well done. It was interesting to see Storm as a "bad" guy and I think they underused Angel. I enjoyed what they did with Jean and seeing Phoenix emerge was pretty fantastic. Nightcrawler was probably one of my favorite new characters and of course we had Quicksilver have the best scene like he did in the last movie. Overall a really fun movie.. I give it a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment