Sunday, July 10, 2016

Geek Roundtable Recording & Creating My Jedi Tunic

After working out Shannon and I we to Namies Beauty Supplies to pick up some more make up for my cosplay, we also stopped by Joann's Fabric to grab a few things before grabbing lunch at El Pollo. We planned to sew my Jedi tunic later tonight but first I had to record a few Geek Roundtable podcasts, so I said my goodbyes to Shannon and met up at my place with my guest hosts, Pooja, Robert, John and Jenni. We discussed Star Wars A New Hope, Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars Return of the Jedi and Doctor Horrible. As always we had a great time discuss these things we love.

This is my third or fourth session so I have about 16 episodes recorded. I had hoped to get this out in July but that's not going to happen so here's hoping for August (as since I'm behind on my blog it's looking like September now). I'm having my buddy John create my show open so I'm looking forward to hearing that. But I've been trying to get this podcast off the ground since 2010 and this is the closest I've gotten so far.. it's gonna happen... stay tuned.

After the session ended Shannon came back over and we got started on laying out the pattern and cutting the fabric. After we had everything cut we got right into sewing. While I sewed Shannon continued to cut out the pieces for the shoulder armor.

I was very impressed as we got the entire tunic made, still have to hem but all of the pieces are sewn together and it turned out pretty good. My panic level has come down a bit, yes SDCC is just a few weeks away and I still have alot of work left but this gives me hope. I will have my Jedi Twi-lek cosplay done in time for comic con. 

No comments:

Post a Comment