Monday, October 18, 2010

Lunch with Will

If you've read my blog you know I have been really missing my friends and so I've started making plans to have lunch with them before I start my new job at the end of Nov. I hung out with Brian on Friday, Will today, my friends Renee and Brad on Wednesday and Christopher on Thursday. I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to see my friends more.. even if it's just for an hour during lunch.

So today I had lunch with one of my best friends Will. We haven't seen each other for a few weeks and before that it was over 3 months. Like Brian, Will would often join us for lunch or he and I would go out to lunch at least 3 to 4 times a week while I worked on Deadliest Catch. We also hung out alot at work and had some of the best talks. You really get use to seeing these people everyday and when they are suddenly no longer there it leaves a hole in your life.  I very rarely make connections with work people that will last longer then the work gig. Being in freelance you get use to making friends with your co-workers and then moving on to your next set of co-worker but sometimes there are one or two people that you truly become friends with and want to keep in touch and hang out even though you no longer work together... like Brian, Will is one of those people.

So we got hang out for almost two hours.. had some yummy lunch at Chevys and then went over to Ikea to look at dining tables with him. We had a really good time but it also is hard because you have to say goodbye and with our track record and us being so busy we won't see each other for a few months. But I'm going to do my best to make sure that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment