Sunday, October 17, 2010

Working on my new Computer

Today I spent the majority of my time uploading and downloading programs to my new computer. Spent almost three hours trying to get my webcam to work. Kept searching for drivers for both of my webcams but it looks like both cams are too old and they didn't bother to make drivers for Windows 7.  Just means I have to get a new web cam. Also had a few other programs that didn't work with Windows 7, but I did expect to have issues since I was working with stuff from the XP operating system and over six years old. But I have to say that I've been fairly lucky and things are going pretty smoothly. My big concern was Audacity and Avid since both of those programs I use for editing my podcasts and are important to me. Audacity hasn't released a version for Windows 7 but said to download their beta version and that they have had some success with that working on Windows 7. So I did that and so far it seems to be working. And with my Avid I couldn't find my original discs that I used on my old computer so I have to obtain a newer version Avid Media Composer 5.0.0 and hope it would work with Windows 7 and I have to say things went perfectly. I opened project from the old avid and they opened just fine. 

So I only have a few more things to upload, I have my photoshop CD but can't find the serial key to activate it. Can't find my Filemaker Pro CD and even though I have six more months on my Norton it's not allowing me to activate it on this new computer. So all in all it's been a really good day and I'm extremely happy with how this new computer is working out. Still haven't tried the Blu-ray player, DVD burner or TV tuner but I'll give them a go tomorrow and let you know what I think.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't tried your TV tuner yet ??? How did that happen ???

    ReplyDelete