Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Healthier Me - Day 116

 Well today's workout was a struggle, I think the lack of sleep is starting to take it's toll. Was suppose to get up at 6am to do my hour of cardio but the alarm went off, which was strange as I normally get up a few minutes before the alarm, but instead of getting up I hit snooze and then laid there debating on whether I was going to get up or push my workout until after work. Well after the third snooze I decided it would be best to do my workout after work so I reset my alarm to 7am. Alarm went off again what felt like a few minutes later and I dragged my body out of bed and into the shower.

Got home around 8:30, ate dinner and finally dragged my butt out to the garage at 10pm. I was so not in the mood and debated with myself about working out on the weekend to make up for today but I knew better.. my weekends are so chuck full of everything I can't do during the week that there would be no way I'd find time to workout. So I turned on a podcast to listen too and started my cardio. About 18 minutes in I hit a wall and once again started to debate with myself If I should do just 30 minutes today.. surely I could get to 30 minutes. So I switched over to my workout music and that did the trick. I felt my energy start to build and I did a full hour with no problem. And even did some weights that I cut out of my Tues/Thurs workouts.

Today's Workout:

1 hour of cardio on the elliptical
4 sets of 10 on the free weight (110 lbs)

It's funny all the internal debate that goes on with in my head, all the deals I try and make with myself to get out of working out. Luckily my determination is stronger then all those little voices.. now only if my determination was stronger then my will to eat crappy food I'd be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment