Sunday, January 30, 2011

Editing Podcasts

Today I spent the entire day (on and off) editing my MASH 4077 Podcast This podcast was recorded differently then most of my others. Since the three hosts are all over the world we skype together and recorded our conversation. But if you use skype many of you know that the quality can be a hit and miss so each person recorded their own conversation and then emailed me they mp3. I then went into Avid and took all of our mp3 and strung them out together and found a sync point to link they all together. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, after that I did an edit pass removing bad audio, conversations, flubs, stuff like that. Then I went through and added sound bites from the episode.  Still have to do one final "sweeten" pass to make sure it sounds great but I wanted to send a copy of it to my fellow co-hosts to see what they think. So the very first MASH 4077 podcast Ep,. #1 is about 90% done. Just waiting on notes from my buddies and then I'll do the final pass and get this up in itunes for all to listen.... can't wait.. really excited about his one.. I think the first episode turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment