Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Catching Up With A Close Friend

Tonight I went out and had dinner with one of my best buds Will. Will and I use to work together on Deadliest Catch and we became really close friends. It's been a few years and our friendship went from seeing each other everyday to seeing each other once every few months and that was tough. I use to know everything that went on in his life and vis-versa but now a days I get bits of pieces of info from him when we chat and bits and pieces from facebook and that makes me sad.

So I made a pledge this year to see my "close" friends at least twice a month. To call or text them more often and to keep up on their lives. So tonight Will and I had dinner at a local restaurant near his house, we caught up on each others lives. When I meet Will he was a logger and in just two short years he is now a story producer, that's pretty incredible and I'm extremely proud of him. After dinner we went back to his place to watch a movie. We picked the new Planet of the Apes movie since neither of us had seen it. Will's roommate also joined us. It was a really good movie and I think all three of us really enjoyed it. After the movie we chatted for a bit before saying our goodbyes. We both agreed that we need to see each other more often and will make more of an effort to do so this year.

Let's hope I can keep this new pledge going not only with Will but with all my other close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment