Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chronicle, Dinner & Once

After our hike at Vasquez and watching a bit of TV Thomas and I headed out to Arclight of Sherman Oaks to see Chronicle. I had heard good things about this and all my friends really enjoyed it so I went in to it expecting to like it. And guess what... I did. First of all the way it was shot, in first person with personal cameras, cell phones, security cameras was just brilliant. I liked how the footage got sharper with the improvement of each camera the guy got. It's a nice slow progression of the story but it never felt like it dragged and the final 20 minutes were just incredible. It's just an overall well executed movie. I think it would make a great origin story for a new super hero.  Both Thomas and I really enjoyed it.

After the movie we went to a local Denny's for a late dinner... then headed home to watch tonight's Once Upon A Time. I love that show but it's always so much more enjoyable when you watch it with a friend. Headed to bed after because we had to get up early for our trip to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment