Thursday, September 13, 2012

Getting Back Out There

So it's been a year and eight months since Harry and I broke up. I've struggled with the idea of getting back out there and I don't really know why. I'm extremely lonely and in need of some physical companionship but it wasn't enough to motivate me to do anything about it. I don't know if I'm afraid of being hurt again or if I just don't want to deal with the hassle of dating. I have never been one to date. The five guys I have dated in my entire dating career were one date and then boyfriends for six months.. everyone with exception to Harry who lasted eight years. I still have that mentality, I don't look forward to dating but I do know that I'm not going to jump into another relationship right away. I would like to date someone first so this will all be new experience for me to cover.

I filled out the "free" profile over at Match.com but after seeing all the "matches" they selected for me I wasn't too impressed as none of them mentioned that they were geeks. And for me one of my biggest and most important quality that I'm looking for in a partner is being a big geek.

So today I actually signed up and paid for 2 months service for Geek 2 Geek online dating service. I checked this place out a few months back and I like this service because they are nothing but geeks. Of course there are various degrees of geekiness but it's a good place to start. So will see what happens. I'm sure I'll be keeping everyone updated via my blog... wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen that site before. Maybe I'll join along w/you and we can compare notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I'm sorry Match.com didn't work out. I've been lucky and found some of a few really awesome geeks in Philly, so I'd suggest just checking in from time to time if Geek 2 Geek isn't working out. It's so mainstream it gets a LOT of traffic. But the important thing is you're getting yourself out there!

    ReplyDelete