Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mom, Robert & Buffy

Today I got up around 8am, checked my emails and such and ate some breakfast. I decided to watch some of my recorded TV and at 10:15 my mom called and asked if I was still coming down. Crap!!! I totally forgot that I had made plans to go down and visit her. I quickly jumped in the shower and got out of the house around 10:30am. My mom lives down in Newport which is about an hour and a half away. Traffic was good and I got to my mom's exactly in an hour and a half.

I haven't seen my mom in months. So it was nice to see her and actual get to spend some one and one time. We went out of lunch at a local Mexican restaurant, then drove over to Fashion Island as my mom needed to go shopping for presents for birthdays. Couldn't find what she wanted there so we went to another shopping area and found exactly what she was looking for. Afterwards we headed back to her place and watched some TV and talked for a few hours. It was a great visit.

Left my Mom's around 5:30, had dinner plans with my buddy Robert. Traffic was horrible but I did mange to get there in about an hour. This was our Buffy night. We haven't done a Buffy night in three weeks so we were way overdue. When I got there Robert and I walked over to Taco Bell for dinner. After dinner we headed back to his place and started our Buffy night.

First up was the season 2, two-parter season finale The Becoming part 1 & 2. One of the best season finales of any series. So heartbreaking but so good. After those two episodes we moved on to season 3 with the premiere episode Anne. Now this isn't a favorite of mine but Season 3 has some fantastic episodes in it and I can't wait for Robert to see what's ahead.

Got home around 10:30pm, watched some Simpsons and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment