Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gay Princes, WWofHP, & Arrow

First I want to wish one of my best friends Chris a very Happy Birthday. I wish you weren't stationed in Montana so we could properly celebrate but I'll be seeing you soon.

My friend Olivia posted about this new children book on my Facebook timeline and I had to check it out. It's called “The Princes and The Treasure". It's the story of undefeated champion Gallant and shy bookworm Earnest and their quest to rescue Princess Elena. Along the way, the princes realize “the greatest treasure in the land” is not what they expected.

Written by a gay man when he wondered 'Why aren’t there any gay princes or lesbian princesses? Why can’t the handsome prince marry another handsome prince? Why can’t a damsel in distress be rescued by a beautiful princess?' So he wrote the story. This is the first of a trilogy that he plans to write. I think I'll pick this up not only for me but for my niece and nephew as well. It's never to early to start teaching them that princes and princess' come in all shapes and sizes and sexual orientations. Here's a link to where you can buy it on AMAZON.

The Wizard World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley announced their opening date. It opens July 8th 2014. That's only a few weeks away. Wish I could go but like with the opening of the original park it will be a few years before I get to attend. But that's okay with me since I tend to avoid the "opening" crowds which I'm sure will be just as crazy as it was for the first WWofHP.

Only downside to this whole thing is that if you wish to go from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley (or vice versa) via the Hogwarts Express you'll need to buy a park to park ticket, so you can get into both parks. And the worst part is that they are not allowing you to go back and forth on the Hogwarts Express. So you either go from Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley or Digaon Alley to Hogsmeade. If you wish to go both ways (which I heard are different experiences) then you have to purchase 2 days park to park passes. I think this is ridiculous and hopefully enough people will complain about this that they'll change it by the time I get there.

Spent some of today editing the next MASH 4077 Podcast.

Took a break from editing the podcast and went to watch Arrow with my Dad. He's a huge fan as are many of my friends and since season one is on Netflix I figured I'd watched the pilot and see if it grabbed me or not. Well six episodes later you could say that I'm hooked. I kind of knew I'd like it so I was prepared to watch many episodes tonight. And I could have gone more but had to get back to editing my podcast.

I really like the main character and his bodyguard (now partner). His sister is whiny and waste of space, she's my least favorite.. I hope something happens to her character soon. I like his ex-girlfriend/possible love interest and his best friend but I feel like his best friends is going to turn on him at some point... don't know why.. just a feeling.

Luckily for me I've stayed fairly spoiler free so I really don't know what's going to happen. I hope to have watched all of season 1 and 2 (which is not on netflix yet) before season three starts in the fall. So far it's living up to all the hype!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment