Sunday, December 7, 2014

R.I.P. Daisy

Yesterday I got a call from my ex Harry informing me that our little girl Daisy was not doing well and that he had made the tough decision to put her to sleep the next day. But as fate would have it she died later that night at home with Harry holder her.

We got Daisy early into our relationship and she instantly became Harry's dog. When we broke up almost four years ago we both knew that Daisy was going to go to Austria with him so I had to say my goodbye then. I always hoped to have seen her again and her remember me after all these years but that will never happen.

The past few months her health has really deteriorated, to the point that her organs are starting to shut down one at a time. When we got Daisy she was already 5 or 6 (we're not sure as we got her from the pound). We had her together for another 7 or so years and then Harry has had her for another 4 more. So she was well into being a senior at the age of 16 or 17 years old. When we got her from the pound we found out that she was scheduled to be euthanized the next day. So she dodged a bullet and spent the next 12 to 13 years a pretty happy little girl. I'm glad Harry was there with her in her final moments. I did ask him to give her a kiss for me and tell her that I'm loved her. And though I haven't seen her in 3 1/2 years I still cried when he gave me the news as I still think of her as mine and will miss her dearly. R.I.P. Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment