Monday, June 27, 2016

Labyrinth 30th & Real Life Super Mario Maker

30 years ago today creative genius Jim Henson released one of my all time favorite fantasy movies.. Labyrinth. It wasn't a box office success but became a cult classic. I remember being dropped off at the movie theater by myself and sitting in a fairly empty theater on opening weekend and just falling in love with this fantasy world. From the music (David Bowie) who also was the "bad guy" Goblin King to the amazing puppetry, this movie was an escape from the real world. I can't believe it's been 30 years already.. where has the time gone. But I'm happy to saw that 90% of the effects really hold up in this film and it's a pretty timeless story.

And on their 30th anniversary they announced a brand new book called Labyrinth Tales,  it follows a day in the life of guardsman Sir Didymus, along with his pals Ludo and Hoggle. You can read more about it HERE. It's set to be released September 27th and I'm sure I'll be getting my copy soon after. I can't wait to escape back into the amazing world.

So I posted a video about a real life Donkey Kong, I loved the video, the effects, the look of the entire thing.. you can read my review and watch the video as well as the BTS video HERE. Well they made a sort of sequel set in the Super Mario Maker world. Same actor who played Mario in the Donkey Kong video, same cool music but it's done a little differently. This one is more of a trailer instead of the just game play. I felt like Donkey Kong was a story this one is just snippets of game play. But none the less it's pretty awesome. Check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment