Wednesday, June 8, 2016

National Best Friend Day

Today is National Best Friend Day so I want to give a shout out to my best friends. Yes I have multiple best friends (it's allowed). I have a handful great friends who are as close to being best friends as you can but there are a few that go beyond that to be called my best friend. It's funny as I always though best friends are friends that you have known for your entire life and if you have a friend like that.. that's awesome. But my best friends are fairly recent, within the last ten years of my life. They became my best friends because after meeting them their was this instant connection. We didn't have to try and become friends, it was as though we were already friends just waiting to meet. That connection happens so rarely that when it happens it's something special.

I have five circles for friendship, first circle is "Acquaintances", people I know (mostly online) I may have never actually met them before face to face but we enjoying chatting online from time to time. Second circle are "Friends" this is probably my largest groups, because if I meet you and you are nice, sweet, funny, kind, witty, and/or caring then you go right into that circle. Third circle are "Good Friends" these are people who I look forward to hanging out with and when we do it's pretty fantastic, this circle is fairly small. My fourth circle which is even smaller then my good friends is "Great Friends", those are the people that I go out of my way to hangout with. Being with them brings me such joy and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it. And then there is my fifth circle, my best friends, those are the few that I would do anything for, we can sit in a room and not say a word for hours and be perfectly content just being in each others company.

Acquaintances can become Friends and Friends can become Good friends, just like Good Friends can become Great Friends and Great Friends can become Best Friends, but Best Friends will always be Best Friends, even if we don't talk for years that person will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment