Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Allergies or Virus

I've been sick or not feeling 100% since January 13th. I don't even remember what it feels like to be well. After seven weeks I finally went and saw a doctor and he gave me some antibiotics but said these would only work if it's a bacteria. I took those pills for a week and it's not been another week and I still don't feel 100%. But now I'm thinking it's allergies rather then a flu/cold that I had those few months.. but there really isn't any way of knowing if it's a virus and not a bacteria that I had and it's still lingering around or it's a sever reaction to allergies (which seem to be getting worse as I get older). I'm afraid to take any medicine as the last time I did that I caused my blood pressure to rise to unhealthy status.

Do I wait it out and see what happens.. I mean it's not horrible.. I feel about 90% well.. I can live with that.. I mean if it's allergies there really isn't anything I can do about it. Or do I make another appointment with the doctor and see if it's a virus and pay more money that I don't have, when in the end it could be nothing.

Uggg.. I hate not feeling well.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling well. If you're worried about taking meds look them up and see if they do cause your blood pressure to go up. Not all of them do. As far as allergies go there are a lot of different things for that too, although I'm not really sure that is the issue. When in doubt though definitely ask a doctor, even if you just call and leave a question with them. Hope you find something that makes you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I've been for so long, I feel ya! I was super super sick all last summer and haven't yet fully recovered, it's going on a year now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for something else and I'm going to ask for an allergy test. There ARE things you can do about allergies including getting shots for them so hopefully it's something that'll be easy for you to take care of if that's what's happening to you.

    Btw the only time I felt well was when I was at SDCC, so I have a feeling it's something in the environment around here.

    ReplyDelete