Monday, August 29, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Well it's been several weeks since Harry left for Austria and I've been doing really well. I'm getting use to coming home to an empty house, sleeping and eating alone and watching TV by myself. I still have my moments when I open the door and expect an excited Daisy there to greet me. But today after work I went to Stater Bros. to pick up some groceries. This was the first time I've gone shopping by myself in eight years. This was always a couples thing that Harry and I did. When I got home and started bringing in the bags this overwhelming feeling of loneliness hit me. It was strange because it was so unexpected. I have been doing so well and getting use to being alone but now the panic and depression welled up inside me and my heart started to ache. It only lasted a half hour or so and then things went back to normal (or as normal as they are for me).

I know things won't be "normal" for a while but I thought I had gotten over the desperate feeling of loneliness, but I guess doing something that I've always done with Harry by myself effect me more then I thought. This is a learning process..

1 comment:

  1. It took me a while to get over Bill. Yeah, the first couple of frigg'n months sucked. Grocery shopping too. I ended up changing to a different store and avoiding the one we used to shop at. And fella, I don't think its a learning process as much as a growing one. I hope yours is as painless as possible for ya.

    ReplyDelete