Friday, September 9, 2011

Recording with Teal

Today after work I headed over to my friends Teal and Ali's house for some dinner. Teal and I were also going to record an episode of my Knights of the Guild podcast. I haven't done a "regular" Knights of the Guild podcast in a few months and really want to get them going again.

So I got to their place around 7:30, we had some yummy dinner and good conversation. Around 8:30 I set up my studio in Teal's office. Was using all my new equipment (Thank you all). Teal was my guinea pig not only my first new co-host with this new formatted Knights of the Guild but I hadn't worked with this new equipment in the field yet. Everything looked great until I realized that Garageband only recorded for 8 minutes at a time. I knew there had to be away to change the length as many friends us it to record long podcasts but for the life of me I couldnt' figure it out. Luckily I had my back up plan and had my awesome new hand held recorder and after a few false starts we got the podcast going. After an hour we were done and I think for a first attempt it went pretty good. If you listen to my podcast you know it's very structured and this new format felt all over the place. It's going to take some creative editing to piece it all together but I'm liking the idea of this newly revamped format for Knights of the Guild.. hopefully the listeners will like it too. It was suppose to come out Sept. 15th but I think I'm going to wait and really make it good and release it on Oct. 1st as the new podcasts come out on the 1st of every month.

Anyways it was a fun night hanging with my buddy Teal.. she's a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment