Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Being Sick, Shopping and Movies

Today I woke up not feeling so hot. Sore throat, stuff nose, a little bit of a cough and just over all blah.. Not sure if I'm getting sick or it's my allergies acting up because of all the wind. Regardless of what it is I had to do some Christmas shopping today. My buddy Aaron is hanging with me for the day so we got up, ate some breakfast and headed out for shopping. I wanted to drive to the Burbank area as there is a store out there that I wanted to check out. So we hit Target, then Michael's and then had some lunch at Panda Express before heading to the mall to go to the store that was the reason I came down to Burbank in the first place and the store is no longer there :( So I pretty much drove down here for nothing as I could have gone to Target and Michael's up near my place.  Well I wasn't feeling so hot so we called it a day for shopping and headed home.

I stopped by the mail box and saw that I got 2 more screeners, blu ray versions of Rango and Super 8 and then Fedex dropped off The Ides of March.

Aaron and I were going to a screening of Hugo tonight but had a few hours to kill so we opted to watch Rango. If you never heard of Rango it stars Johnny Depp as Rango, who is a sheltered chameleon living as an ordinary family pet, while facing a major identity crisis. After all, how high can you aim when your whole purpose in life is to blend in? When Rango accidentally winds up in the gritty, gun-slinging town of Dirt - a lawless outpost populated by the desert's most wily and whimsical creatures - the less-than-courageous lizard suddenly finds he stands out. Welcomed as the last hope the town has been waiting for, new Sheriff Rango is forced to play his new role to the hilt. 

I have to say that it was an enjoyable movie.. not my favorite animated film but it was entertaining. The voices were cool, couldn't even tell that was Johnny Depp. I enjoyed the animation and it had an overall good story. A few of the characters were endearing but many of them I really didn't care for. I'm contributing that to why I though it was just okay. Maybe there were to many characters and I couldn't keep track of them all. I'm glad I saw it but glad I didn't buy it.

When Rango was over we headed out to Paramount for the screening of Hugo, which I will blog a review next.

No comments:

Post a Comment