Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas is Coming

Today I finally got around to cleaning up my house after the three day Thanksgiving / Lord of the Rings Movie Marathon. Tired to do some of it yesterday but really was not very motivated as I think I was still recovering from the parties. But I wanted to start to decorate my house and put up my Christmas Tree, as I normally do it the day after Thanksgiving.

So I did the million dishes, swept and cleaned the floors and did various other little things to get my house back in order. Once that was done I pulled out all my Christmas plastic bins and carried my six foot Christmas Tree into the house.

I've always had "live" trees for as long as I remember and when I moved out onto my own I continued to buy "live" trees.. but last year I purchased a "fake" tree as I was getting tired of the hassle of caring of a "live" tree and watching die slowly and the mess it left behind. Also "fake" trees have come a long way and look 100% real. And of course me being me I didn't want to take the tree apart after last Christmas so Harry and I just carried the entire thing to the garage where's it's been since. So for one person to carry this assembled tree was a challenge. But I did it and it looks fantastic.  I did the garland around the fireplace before my buddy Aaron come over around 11pm. He and I are going shopping tomorrow and to a screening of Hugh. So I called it a night on decoration.. still have a few thing to put up. I love Christmas time and this will be the first time in eight years that I'll be spending Christmas alone. And before you say anything yes I have wonderful friends and family and I will not be "alone" but I meant single which will be a change from previous years.

When I am finished with the decorations I'll post pixs up on Facebook and I'm sure I'll blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment